It has started getting really cold lately (to us Southerners, anyway). The first day of the cold snap, I sent the boys to school very prepared - they even had on thermals underneath their clothes! I just loved these matching hats!




We were getting ready to go somewhere and I found the boys sitting together very nicely in a chair. I asked what they were doing, and Carter said they were sitting there to have their picture made.

Pawpaw arranged a birthday party for Nana last weekend. Here are the boys waiting patiently on cake :)


Carter got in trouble at school last week, so he had all privileges taken away (in addition to writing an apology letter to his teacher, a lecture, and a spanking). All he could do for a couple of days was look at books... No toys, cartoons, etc. Here he was in the car, bored with no cartoons. Maybe he will remember from now on how he should behave at school... Oh, we have since returned all privileges because his teacher said he had a good week.

Monday night, we went to the mall for our annual personalized ornaments. Charlie had his first ride on the carousel, too! He was a little unsure, but he never cried. I just think he was ready to get off before it was done. You can't see it here, but Alan is wearing his only Christmas shirt (I bought it for his birthday). He's the king of silly t-shirts, and this one looks like the Las Vegas sign, but (in Christmas colors and decorations) says, "What happens under the mistletoe stays under the mistletoe." I crack myself up...


Charlie likes to curl up on the couch under a blanket. He's so funny... Look at those big feet!

Here he is wearing a jacket he wanted to put on. Obviously, it belongs to Carter...

Thursday was the last day of MDO for Christmas break, and Carter's class had a party. Charlie's class had a party also, but without parents - I think he would have cried for me to get him if he had seen me! I snuck past his room very carefully to get to Carter's party.

Ms. Coline did a big Elf Yourself montage of all the kids and had it playing on a TV for them (and us) to watch. It was so funny and the kids loved it!


Carter and Samantha were inseperable...

Sweet Samantha. I overheard her telling someone, "My mommy's an animal doctor. That means a doctor for animals. My daddy's a prince. And I have a new baby sister." Ha! Two out of three of those are true...

The kids got to decorate their cookies - yum!


We gave Ms. Coline a money wreath because she spends so much of her own money on the kids. She cried and couldn't speak. We all just hope she uses it on herself!
In the car yesterday, Charlie cried and fussed for a long time. I couldn't figure out what was wrong - I kept handing him things but he kept shaking his head. Finally I looked back and realized he had his pointer fingers on his cheeks - he wanted to sing "If You're Happy and You Know It!" Haha!
2 comments:
It must've been difficult to dole out a punishment to Carter, but I applaud you for doing it!
Great pics! So glad Carter behaved himself and got his priveledges back. :) His school party looked like lots of fun and I know Ms. Coline appreciated that money wreath. What a thoughtful gift!
Post a Comment