Monday, December 14, 2009

Shoes and Santa

SCROLL DOWN TO PREVIOUS POST, AS I HAVE POSTED MORE THAN ONE TODAY.


Charlie just cracks me up these days. He loves life, and he loves to make himself laugh. I hear him on the monitor some mornings, making whatever new noise he's learned, and laughing every time. It goes on for a while before I decide to quit listening and go get him. He also loves to bring me shoes or jackets to put on. Sometimes he puts on Carter's shoes all by himself and walks around. Sometimes he just wears 1 shoe all day long. He gets mad if I won't put on the shoe or jacket he brings me. Alan thinks he's going to be some kind of fashion guy because of all his concern for jackets and shoes. Here he is sporting a lovely grey New Balance on one foot and a white and off-white saddle oxford dress shoe on the other. Both are old Carter shoes.


Earlier this month, some of my mom friends organized a Santa party and invited us. We had milk, cookies and snacks, and the children could make crafts that they had organized for everyone. Carter loved the play-doh table, but we never got around to making any of the ornament crafts or anything else, because Charlie was such a handful for me. I was so excited to avoid the mall and have to visit Santa there, but I didn't think about the whole chasing Charlie around by myself thing. It's a good thing Carter is pretty self-sufficient!




I thought it was funny that I caught a mid-air picture of Charlie throwing his drink :)

All the kids were so excited when Santa arrived. I was so happy that neither of mine were scared. Although, neither would smile when they sat in his lap... He came right up and talked to Charlie, and Charlie just stared him down. Ha!


Santa first read a story, The Night Before Christmas. All the kids were mesmerized! After that, the children all took turns sitting in his lap and telling him what they want for Christmas. Carter said he wants an Xbox game and a yellow remote-controlled airplane.

One of the bonuses was that one of the moms in charge is also a photographer. THE photographer (the one we used last time and loved so much). Anyway, she had all her fancy schmancy, professional equipment set up and she took pictures and sent them to us for free!




I love living here in this small town! We have such a great group of moms (it seems like there are many stay-at-home moms, per-capita), even if I don't drag my kids and participate in a lot of the great things they plan (during the summers, they do something once a week, but Charlie's naptime always threw us off).

1 comment:

Holly :) said...

Sweet Charlie and his shoe fetish. :) Love the pics with Santa...looks like the kids had a great time!