Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Projects, New Glasses, and Snow, Snow, Snow!

Today, we woke up to a big surprise - snow! Sure, we listened to the weather, but snow predictions don't normally come true around here... When we woke up, there was a nice blanket of snow all over everything, and it was still coming down! We watched the news for a while, and they were saying that many streets were slushy and slick, so we decided to stay home from church and play in the snow instead. Well, Alan and Carter played in the snow for a short time, anyway. It was really cold, so I stayed inside with Charlie. Carter's gloves were soaked through pretty quickly, so they didn't really stay outside too long and we spent the entire day just hanging around the house. We didn't measure the snow, but Holly says we got almost 5 inches!

This is what happens when your screen door gets blown open during a blizzard! :)

Alan did take Charlie out very briefly to check out the white stuff...


Tonight we went to church but it was closed! I guess we missed the memo... Anyway, we decided to go eat at IHOP instead (Carter's choice). YUM! I think breakfast for dinner should be mandatory once a week... Charlie enjoyed trying pancakes, too! Speaking of Carter's choice - last night he chose for us to eat at Outback. I think I have a slight protein deficiency, so we had decided on steak for a change. We asked Carter to choose between Longhorn and Outback and at first he didn't know, but then he got mad when we said we were pulling into Longhorn. He wanted Outback. Ha! I guess we should really rethink letting our 3-year-old run our lives... :)

Alan and I got new glasses this past week. Mom will testify that I have always wanted glasses, for the fashion factor. Well, I have never really needed them (and still don't). I have been having headaches though, and my eye doctor said he would write me a slight prescription if I wanted him to, to see if it helps with my headaches. They don't really make things clearer but they create less of a strain on my eyes from having to focus. However, I was super excited about getting them as a fashion accessory :)

Today when I've had a few free minutes, I've done a little sewing... Check out my latest two projects! (Note: buttons are not attached yet - I just placed them on top for the picture. Also, this is green/white seersucker but it doesn't show up well in the picture.)
These shorts for Carter match the first jon-jon I made for Charlie :)

1 comment:

KS said...

HAHA - I have been craving both Outback and IHOP lately! Can you send Carter over to eat with me?