Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Busy Week

Last week was so busy... I think I was gone 6 out of 7 nights! In addition, it rained and stormed a lot, so I haven't been with my running plan in a week :( I haven't given up, but it just hasn't been feasible... We had a few playdates with friends last week... Here is Carter with some of his friends at the park (love this picture!)



Charlie bonded with Holly and even started pulling up on his own by grabbing her shirt! I don't want to admit that he's not going to be a baby forever :( In addition, he has started pulling up to his knees while he's in his bed (we need to move his mattress down so that he can pull up all the way), getting to a sitting position by himself (which isn't easy when you have such a big belly!), picking up food and eating it by himself (mainly large things, like crackers and Vanilla wafers - thanks, Ms. Shelly!), and one day he even did the sign for "more" that I've been trying to teach him. UGH! Stop the clock!



Most nights last week, I was at church getting ready for the Women's Night of Worship. Alan never complained once about having to be by himself with the kids so much. Thanks, Alan - you're a great husband and daddy!


Saturday night was the big night - WNOW had finally arrived! Lots of friends and family came with me. Some of my friends from Lanett even came (they spent the night with us Saturday night)! First, we all ate dinner, which was catered by Leonardo's Italian restaurant. Yummy! Then we filtered into the worship center and had some worship songs, a drama (I held a sign - woohoo!), and then Sherri Burgess (wife of Rick Burgess) spoke. It was an awesome night!


Sunday evening, baby Millie was dedicated (along with several other babies whose parents are in our SS class). Millie was born 1 day after Charlie, 2 doors down from us, so I like to joke that they had their first date in the hospital room, when we wheeled him down to meet her ;) It was such a special ceremony and I loved seeing all the sweet babies! Afterward, we went to Helen and Scott's house to enjoy a delicious dinner to celebrate the dedication. They had lots of family and friends and we had a great time. It made me reminiscent of our boys' dedications, wishing our entire family could have been there to celebrate!

Last night, we had to go buy new phones for our house. I'm sick of answering the phone and after I say, "Hello," the battery dies. I'm also sick of replacing these batteries (those things are expensive!), so yesterday we bit the bullet. I don't think I've ever been so excited for new phones before! On the way to the store, we stopped and ate dinner (the meat I had thawed went back into the fridge...we'll try again tonight!). Carter got a little upset after the waitress left our table and said, "I forgot to order a napkin!" Ha! Also, he usually sings our blessing for us, and the last line is, "Ah-men; Ah-men." Last night, he sang that part three times instead of two, and he told us that he said three Aww Mans :) Ha!

No comments: