This is kind of hard to see, but Carter hit the side of his eye on the side of our granite countertop while playing with Daddy. It started swelling right away, and is still purple/black. Ouch!
The weather around here has been BEAUTIFUL! It's so funny... Last Friday we had a tornado here in Chelsea (no one was injured). On Sunday, we had snow and blizzard-like conditions. Two days after that, the weather was in the 70s and has been warm and sunny ever since! We have enjoyed playing outside our house, at the park, etc.
Charlie LOVES to swing at the park!Carter loves to go really, really high! Careful, Daddy!
Today was a playdate with my mom's group. We went to the park at Mt. Laurel, or as Carter would say, the train park. We love going to that park because it's a lot different than our usual.
I took Charlie to the doctor last week for his 9-month check-up. He weighed in at just over 21 pounds, and was 29.5 inches long (although I don't think she really measured to the top of his head). That's the 75th percentile for weight and 90th for length! I am going to re-measure his length, though... The doctor told me he needs to eat more solid foods, so we've been working on incorporating lots more into his diet. Baby food is getting expensive, at around $2 per meal (and that's just if he only eats TWO containers, not 3 or 4 like he sometimes does)! Charlie just doesn't seem to like "real food" like Carter did... Although we discovered that he LOVES deli turkey!
Alan's parents came and got Carter on Thursday and let him spend the night. I was so thankful, because I really needed a break! We were having a really lousy week - the defiance has reared its ugly head again! Friday morning was my monthly mom's meeting, and after that I met Gigi at the BJCC for the Cottontails arts and crafts show. Charlie was so sweet the whole time, and fell asleep while riding in his stroller. Nana and Pawpaw brought Carter back Friday afternoon and stayed with both boys so Alan and I could have a date. We were supposed to have our Sunday School supper club over on Saturday night, but due to illness we had to reschedule. Let's all cross our fingers that I can keep the house clean until NEXT weekend :)


2 comments:
Cute pics!!! Now that the weather is so nice...we'll have to go to the park everyday! :)
Your blogs are great...don't ever worry about writer's block. You've read mine! HA! :)
It is funny how that "defiance" comes and goes- just when you think you have it licked, here it comes again!
Post a Comment