Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Success!

I don't want to speak too soon, but I do want to keep everyone updated... Alan just got back from a really long dinner interview and he has a job (sort of)! He's taking the job in Tuscaloosa and going with the contract (1099). Based on his resume and his references that they spoke with, they also gave him the rate they told him he would get after being there 6 months - I hope he lives up to the "raise" ;) He is getting the contract to sign but he still has to be approved by the overall person in charge. So, fingers crossed that this person likes him too :)

He also had an interview today with a different company, and because the interview was from 4-5, we haven't heard back from them yet. I expect we'll hear back from them too, but Alan prefers this "local" job and will likely accept as soon as everything is finalized.

Because this is contract work, we will have to pay our own taxes quarterly (including all Social Security - employers usually pay half), pay our own insurance, don't get vacation or holiday time (if you don't work, you don't get paid), etc. We NOW need prayers for discipline in the financial aspect of our lives to set aside money for each of those things. The blessing in all of this though, is that Alan will now be earning about as much as we did combined, before I quit work. Alan wasn't convinced we could make it on his salary alone after I quit work, yet we moved forward anyway. Time and time again, we have been shown to sit back and trust God's plan that He has for us. Something we normally say at the conclusion of our worship services every week seems fitting now... "God is good, all the time; All the time, God is good."

2 comments:

Holly :) said...

Awesome! :) Will continue to pray...

KS said...

What an amazing blessing! I'm so happy to see that you trusted and God is Faithful!!