Wednesday, December 17, 2008

C&C update

For those of you who don't see Charlie every day, his personality is developing so much! He is still such a sweet baby and hardly ever cries. He also cracks himself up a lot these days! He likes to make noises (i.e. blowing raspberries, or "talking") and then he starts laughing at himself. It is sooo hilarious! He loves to dance anytime music is playing... He's still pretty shy and bashful though. Whenever someone makes him smile, he hunches his shoulders, tucks his head, and looks away when he smiles. SO adorable! Right now, he has a sinus infection :( We had to go to the doctor yesterday because he's had the sinus crud for 4 weeks now. So, he's now on his first antibiotics ever :( Even with a sinus infection, he's a trooper! Such a gentle, good-natured soul.

Carter is still up to his crazy antics - sillier than ever :) A few days ago, we were watching Sid the Science Kid, and someone was singing a song that said, "my mom is so cool," among other things. I said, "Carter, is your mom cool too?" He said, "No... Momma, you're HOT!" HAHA! I'm not really sure why Alan laughed so hard at that one... He now knows all his letters by sight, and what each one stands for. I heard him talking about them while doing an alphabet puzzle by himself, and he said, "C. For Carrot. And for ME!" ;) He knows that C is for Carter and he can sort of write his name now... I have to remind him which letters come next, but he really makes a great effort. C and T are his best letters in his name. He's also very good at O, since it's just a circle.

Carter LOVES crafts, especially painting. We recently painted a wooden firetruck that we bought to put on the tree. I helped a little with the eyes, but he really did the whole thing by himself.

We met Gigi at the mall last week, and she took Carter on the carousel (they change out the animals to reindeer this time of year).

Charlie and I went to Ms Colly's house last week to wrap some gifts. Charlie and Anna had a great time playing together! Their second official date (the swinging was the first, I think). :)

On Monday of this week, we went with our mom's group to the fire station to learn all about firefighters, see them with their gear on, climb on the trucks, etc. We brought them some cookies to show our appreciation as well. Carter loved it and wasn't scared of the firefighters or the trucks (remember that when we went to see Cousin Robbie's fire station, he wouldn't get in the truck). We had so much fun! Unfortunately, I took those pictures on my "big" camera and will have to get Alan to take them off for me - my computer isn't compatible. I will post those soon...

No comments: