Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Muffins, Migraines and More...

Sorry once again for the lack of updates... I have had a TERRIBLE migraine headache for the past 3 days or so. My migraine had awful timing - not that there is ever a good time... Alan left Sunday at noon to go out of town, and Gigi and Papa are also out of town. I am so grateful for my aunt. Thank you SO MUCH, Cheryl, for coming over two days in a row to help me! I don't think I would have survived without you (or else Carter would have just torn up the entire house with me not caring)! She even brought us dinner last night, which we were able to eat again for tonight's dinner. Thank goodness that I am a lot better today and could actually function. I took the boys with me yesterday to the doctor to get 2 shots and some pills, and they actually behaved most of the time (until we had been there about an hour and a half). The shots didn't work so much (except the one for nausea), but the pill finally kicked in early this morning. I still have remnants of the headache, but not nearly as bad as it was. Carter thinks that Cheryl is going to come play with him every day now (and that would be fine with us!).

Last Thursday was Alan's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY! I woke up early to bake muffins for him, and Carter helped me serve them. He sang Happy Birthday and blew out the candle. I just wish I had remembered to put pants on him - he's going to hate me for this one day!


Also last week (I think Thursday), Charlie learned to blow raspberries, or make a motorboat sound. At first, he did it a couple of times and then looked around in surprise, like, "what was that?!?!? Who did that?!?" It is the cutest thing ever, and he does that in combination with talking in order to entertain himself. He also does it when he's happy :) I can't seem to capture it on video, but this is kind of close... He clams up and just watches the camera whenever I get it out. :(

Here is Charlie going crazy in hisExersaucer!

Friday, I went to Holly's mom's group and then we went to her house for a playdate. After that, we ventured to Target where we had a major meltdown. I should have known better, since Carter was very exhausted from staying up late the night before, and no nap that day :( As soon as we left, he fell asleep in the car. As much as he would like to, he's just not ready to give up naps yet.


Saturday, we slept in (somewhat) and were pretty lazy all morning. Finally, around 1:00, we ventured out and met up with the Joneses at Mt. Laurel. Mt. Laurel was having their annual Fall Festival, but we first went straight to the park (their parks are so wonderful!). After playing for quite a while, we did make it to the festival just before they closed! Carter got to jump and slide in some bouncy houses, but we didn't buy anything this year.

At the park:




It's hard to tell, but this is actually pretty high in a tree:

It was pretty chilly, so Charlie stayed bundled in his sweater!


Yesterday, we had a playdate with my mom's group at the park. We painted pumpkins and the kids ran around and played - it was a fun time! I managed to sit a lot and let the other moms help Carter, since my head was still hurting a lot. (Yes, that is the same shirt that Carter wore to Mt. Laurel, and yes, I did wash it.)


Carter with his best friends from school (aka the Three Amigos):


Charlie was once again all bundled up - it was a nice day, but very chilly in the shade!


I know that we've had a lot going on and Carter has done some things that I thought I wouldn't forget, but I think the migraine has taken away a lot of my brain cells! I will wrap up for now (and hopefully sleep all night, children willing) :)

1 comment:

KS said...

Aww, these pics of the kids make me want to be a kid again!!

So sorry you were feeling awful - hope it's all better now!