Let me apologize for the lack of updates... Crazy times around here! I'm just now sitting down after being gone pretty much all day, starting with dropping Carter off at school this morning. First though, let me backtrack to where I left off last week...
Friday morning was my monthly mom's group at church - always so much fun! This month was on self-defense and it was quite hysterical at times. Afterwards, the boys and I went to lunch with my friend Jennifer and her son John. We got to talk a bit while Carter and John played on the slides at McDonald's.
Friday night, we went out to dinner and to the Brad Paisley concert with Holly and Jonathan. We had so much fun! I think we had almost as much fun at dinner as we did the concert - I'm sure it was obvious that I don't get out without kids very often! Since this was kind of an early birthday celebration for Alan, Holly and Jonathan gave him their traditional present - a t-shirt with a funny saying (they always come up with one that seems to fit Alan perfectly). This year's was no exception - it may be the best yet! In case you can't see it, it says, "It's funny how you think I'm listening," and has a stick dude with his hands over his ears!
Charlie started eating solid foods over the weekend (Saturday morning was his first real meal)... I couldn't wait for his doctor visit, and I knew the doc would tell me to go ahead if I wanted to anyway. What a hit! Charlie loves real food and he does a really good job at keeping it in his mouth most of the time.
Saturday we had to get our windshield replaced, so we drove to Nana and Pawpaw's so Pawpaw could do that for us (if anyone needs any glass or framing - they're the folks you need!). We tried to hurry so we could be home before Auburn kicked off, but it took longer than we thought, and we ended up staying for the game. And UGH - what a game! Auburn's season is so disappointing this year.
Carter ate his very first ice cream cone - kind of messy, but not quite as bad as I'd expected!
Sunday, we had a dedication service for Charlie at our church. It was a special ceremony, but I'm a bit sad by the whole thing. Our church only does these a few times a year, and I wanted to do the first one we possibly could, so that Charlie could wear his special day gown that my cousin Donna made by hand (originally for Carter). He just wore it last month in his 3-month pictures... Anyway, none of our family could attend due to travel and other issues. We went ahead with that date (because of the gown), and when we were getting ready to go, I discovered that the gown no longer fit! It is too short now and his feet stick out the bottom, therefore making it look like a dress :( Next time I will try not to be so materialistic and make sure that family can attend our special event instead of worrying about the outfit! He ended up wearing a very non-special plain white dressy outfit (I didn't have a plan B and had to put him in the first thing I could find!). Again though, it was a special time to dedicate our baby and share with our church family.
Notice here that I didn't think about a family photo - since Carter wasn't attending the ceremony, I forgot to put him in dressy clothes! Poor thing!
Today, Charlie had his 4-month checkup. He was way big, as expected! He was in the 75th percentile for weight, and 97th for height! Dr. Smith commented on what a good baby he is and told me he was glad that he came second, so I could appreciate him so much more!
After the doctor visit, we went to the grocery store (twice), came home and cooked, went and picked up Carter from school, went to Wal-Mart, came home and cooked some more, and then delivered food to two of our friends. Holly is very sick with strep and her family has been living on cereal and chicken nuggets, she says. We can't let that happen! Also, one of our friends from church is husbandless for almost 3 months, as her husband is off doing training with the FBI - she has a 3-year-old, a 1-year-old, and she's pregnant with her 3rd! Poor thing! Finally, both boys are asleep, and Alan and I are about to settle in to watch some TV. Good times!


2 comments:
So much has happened while I've been in the bed dying!!! I had no idea about the dedication on Sunday! I'm so sad we didn't know (not that we could've been there with me dying and all)... And Charlie is eating solid foods!? I feel so out of the loop. Thank you for the meal...you are a lifesaver! Great update!
Busy is right! Do you sleep?? Charlie is getting so big! He is so cute! Our kids are mirroring each other.
Carter handled that ice cream cone like a pro!
Post a Comment