Wednesday, October 1, 2008

All Aboard!

We've had a pretty relaxing week so far (knocking on wood for the rest of the week)... Monday we all slept late - until 9:00 (minus the earlier feeding for Charlie - then he went back to sleep until around 10)! Carter hasn't gotten back on schedule yet after vacation, but if he sleeps late, that's fine by me! Because we woke up so late and were all still kind of sluggish, we skipped storytime at the library and sat around watching Diego instead. TV is like the anti-library - how funny ;) While I was sitting in the den holding Charlie, I heard some scooting noises but didn't really pay attention. When I got up to do something, I discovered that Carter had made a train. We've never done this, so I'm not sure what prompted it. However, the chairs stayed this way for 2 days, and whenever we used one, Carter would put it back in the train when we were done. He drove his train all over the place (in his imagination, anyway).

We watered our flowers - I LOVE fall and am so happy for these bits of color that come every year! My vibrant fall wreath also makes me very happy (P.S. Thanks, Kimberly, for the cute baby sign that I love and will probably keep on my door until Charlie is 13!)...

Carter has only had one nap all week :( I hope this doesn't mean he's growing out of them - I'm not ready for him to be done! It took him a really long time to fall asleep, but this is how we found him :)

Today, while he was not taking his regularly scheduled nap, Charlie was napping. How ironic. They have always been on opposite schedules, napwise, and today Charlie slept while Carter should have been. UGH!

Today was also the last day of soccer. Well, not really... It was the last day of the 8 week session, but next week starts a brand new 8 week session, so it will be like we never left. However, we did have a little medal ceremony where Coach Rob spoke to all of them and gave them their medals and told them they were all winners. He's so good with this age group - I heard though, that in the next age group up, he's a serious coach and is very tough - he even makes them eat their snack standing up!

One of the big highlights of this week has to be that we got our new furniture! Yay!!! We ordered this sectional a long, long time ago - after Charlie was born, but I think before I even knew for sure if I was going to quit my job. Now I just need a new rug, new chair in that coordinating stripe fabric, matching storage ottoman, and something to go on the wall above it ;) However, since our resolution to not buy any "cheap" furniture coincides with the loss of my income, these things will have to wait... Probably several years :) When Carter first saw the new couch all put together, he climbed on it and said in a very amazed voice, "Wow... This is BEAUTIFUL!" Later, I also heard him say, "that's a very pretty couch." Ha! I'm glad he likes it so much since we will be stuck with it for a long, long, long time!



I am feeling a little sentimental over our old furniture though... We've had that furniture since we were first married - about 8 years now! It's outdated and ugly, also way too big for the keeping room, and the recliners are starting to come apart. However, I have rocked both my babies in my recliner, and Carter LOVES the "rock rock," as he calls it, and sits in it every day to eat his snacks, watch TV, etc. Also, my chair was just big enough for both of us (all three of us, including Charlie, really). I feel silly but I want to cry about not having the hideous piece of furniture that I was so ready to get rid of :(

Here is Charlie, sleeping in his car seat. We were getting ready to go somewhere, but he was asleep. When I put him in his seat, he insisted on putting his head up on the side part and wouldn't lean back at all, even though he stayed asleep the whole time he was doing that ;) Too funny...


Tomorrow is another school day, and then Friday is Charlie's 4 month birthday! This means he will be starting on some solid foods - yippee! We're also going to the Brad Paisley concert Friday night for Alan's birthday... We haven't done anything like this in a while and have been feeling quite old these days!

2 comments:

Holly :) said...

Yeah! You FINALLY got the new furniture! It looks great! :)
Looking forward to Friday!!!!

KS said...

Love the furniture and I'm very jealous of the Brad Paisley concert!! My niece was 2 years old when she declared, "Hey, Gwammaw, I yike dat cowboy!" after seeing him on CMTV. (translation: Hey, Grandma, I like that cowboy!)

She has good taste! :)