Sorry for the lack of updates... Nothing really exciting is going on right now. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Carter goes to school, and Wednesdays he has soccer - it's getting to be pretty routine at this point (starting Monday, we're adding storytime at the library into the mix). He's still doing well in soccer as long as he's engaged (the minute Coach Rob stops to talk to another child or do something else, Carter starts throwing or bouncing the ball). He's having the same problem in school too - his teacher who lives in our neighborhood stopped me tonight while I was walking to let me know. But then she explained that they have another child who cries the entire time, and they are focusing too much attention on that child, and Carter is getting bored because they aren't able to do the things they really want to in their class. I already knew that he has to be constantly engaged in something, or he'll find something to get attention with :) I'm keeping my opinion on what should be done about this other child to myself though... I mean, we're paying for him to go to school and learn things, have interaction, etc - not be forced to play by himself, and be bored, right? However, I do want to take care of problem areas, and never want to be the mom who says, "My child wouldn't do that - my child is perfect!" We talked about it on the way home during our walk, and he promised me he would stop throwing and hitting things in school. After we went over it several times, he said, "Mommy, let's not talk about this anymore, ok?" Ha! I told him we wouldn't talk about it anymore unless his teacher tells me he got in trouble for doing that again. :)
We tried on the same monkey costume the Joneses let us borrow last year - we're hoping to wear it again this year too, and Charlie is going to be a banana ;) Thanks, Jones fam! I'm hoping if he wears brown shoes, it won't look too short...
He loved holding his own brush!
Carter, Charlie, and I visited with one of our neighbors tonight and brought dinner to them. They were very appreciative of the dinner and support. They had a baby a couple of weeks ago, but she was born almost 10 weeks early and is still in the NICU at UAB hospital. She has taken a turn for the worse this week in that the natural bacteria in her intestines is actually attacking them and she now has a bad infection and she's back on a ventilator. However, the doctors say she's strong and she's a fighter - I'm asking everyone to keep them in your prayers, please. It makes us realize how blessed we are to have two such beautiful and healthy boys.
Tomorrow is a busy day - I have a mom's group at church in the morning, and then we are heading to Tuscaloosa to get Charlie's 3 month pictures made. Yay! Oh, I almost left off a funny soccer story... Yesterday, the kids were doing their own thing and no one was really listening to Coach Rob (that's kind of unusual because they actually listen to him most of the time). A few minutes into the session, Coach Rob laid on the floor and had all the kids take turns walking on his back. We all thought that maybe his back was hurting, but then he said, "no, they're already walking all over me, so I wanted them to really do it." They all listened after that - no more issues! He's pretty unconventional, but very effective!


No comments:
Post a Comment