Today, Carter woke up earlier than normal (before my alarm clock even) and I could hardly make myself get out of bed! Yesterday I had made a chiropractor appointment for 11:30 to give me plenty of time to come back home after dropping Carter off, get ready, and then go there. But since we had gotten up so early, I was able to get ready before school, and I moved my appointment up to 9:00 so I could go back home and take a nap!!! When I got home, I had a message from Holly asking if I wanted to run some errands with her. I first told her no, that I needed to rest, but the more I thought about it, the more fun it sounded (and I can never take a nap when I decide I'm going to anyway). So, off we went! We picked out lots of fun stuff for Anna's birthday party (this is right up my alley - I think my true calling is to be a birthday party planner).
Anna and Charlie at Target (yes, Charlie's back there somewhere):
We barely made it back in time to pick up the boys from their schools! On the way home I wished I had a video camera on Carter. We had the funniest conversations! He told me that he did not have a good day today at school, but that he showed everyone his school bus stamp (the one he got yesterday at the library) and everyone liked it. When I asked him who he played with today, he said, "Drew... And Caroline... And Katie... Katie is my BEST FRIEND!!!" I asked him if Drakie was still his best friend and he said, "Well, Drakie's at my OLD school." How soon we move on after pining over Drakie for weeks! If you've heard him talk recently, you know the funny emphasis he puts on certain words (he's very animated but puts the emphasis on wrong words or the wrong parts of words). His next story about wanting a Bobcat tractor went something like this... "I'm gonna get a Bobcat when I'm bigger!" (He also says "bigger" sometimes instead of "big.")
When we got home, Carter took a nice, long nap. After naptime and dinner, we got ready to go for our usual evening walk, but then I noticed it was raining outside :( Carter begged me to go anyway of course, but I didn't want to get Charlie out in the rain (more like mist/sprinkles). So, we played in the bathtub - Carter pretended to swim ;) After bath, he wanted to play with the back massager - he pretends to vacuum the floor with it. He LOVES that thing (who needs toys?!?) He held up the massager and said, "He's funny! He has two eyes but he doesn't have a mouth!"
After a few minutes of that, it was time for one of our favorite shows to watch together - Wipeout (known at our house as "the people falling in the water show"). After some puzzles, a snack of popcorn and a few minutes of Monsters, Inc., everyone is in bed (Carter's in bed reading a Southern Living magazine -ha!)! I'm sure Charlie will be waking up very soon for his next feeding. He really needs a bath, but we'll see... By the way, why do they have to put the word "stupid" in Monsters, Inc.? Carter knows it's a bad word but he repeats it after the monster every time, and then proceeds to tell me that it's a bad word. I think I'll write a letter.
Charlie sleeping and holding onto his giraffe - how sweet :)


No comments:
Post a Comment