Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My babies are growing up :(

I'll try to make this entry pretty short - I've got so much to do and no time to do it! I have a long list of things to get done before our trip, and since Alan's not here this week to help me I'm going to be working major overtime ;)

Charlie and I went to Tractor Supply yesterday while Carter was in school, and I got some new cowboy boots! They are so cute and I've worn them both days since :) Hee haw, y'all!
Charlie has been full of milestones lately:

1) He's moved out of his bassinet (probably stayed in it too long anyway) and he's temporarily in a pack 'n play and will move to his real crib upstairs as soon as he's sleeping through the night. The first night I took him out of the bassinet I think I cried. My baby!

2) We were getting ready to go somewhere a couple of days ago, and I came into the room to find him putting his own pappy into his mouth (this picture was taken right after he took it out again). He's done that before, but kind of by accident. This time looked very purposeful and he kept doing it multiple times :(

3) He has started rolling over! I put him ever so slightly on his side and came back to find him like this:

4) He's almost sleeping through the night, which is good and bad. He's sleeping until around 5 (sometimes 5:30)... This is too early for me to get up for the day, but too late to really go back to sleep (it's really hard to try to go back to sleep at 6 am after he's finished eating). By the time I actually doze off again, if I do, Carter is up around 7 or before. So, I'm feeling slightly more tired than I was when he was getting up at 2 or 3. Hopefully he'll keep sleeping later and later. I can tell already that he's going to be the better nighttime sleeper of the two (just maybe not a better napper) :)

Today at soccer, Carter wouldn't leave little Haley alone (she's the only girl in his soccer class). She's about 1-2 years older than him, but she's so cute! He chased her everywhere and would get up to go sit down by her wherever she was. She ran from him the whole time - it was very funny :) I didn't see this, but someone told me he was trying to tickle her too. Coach Rob looked at me and said, "He's not going to give up, is he?" He stole the show today!

After soccer, Carter wanted to write on my notepad. He scribbled something, and then said, "Look, Mommy - I drew a 6!" Look at my other baby writing a number 6! By the way - I have to call them both my babies. Carter loves to sit in my lap while I'm holding Charlie on the other side and tell me to say, "You are both my babies!" He does that all the time :)

We played outside after dinner tonight - the weather has been sooo nice!!! I love fall! I know it's not yet fall for another few days, but I put out my fall plaque anyway in honor of this super weather :) (By the way - if anyone likes the plaques featured in my blog, let me know and I'll tell you how you can order custom plaques from Holly. Holly - I expect a commission ;)
Carter dug in the mulch and filled up his wheelbarrow just to dump it out somewhere else. He's going to be a big helper when we start our landscape project!


Today was Anna's real birthday, so we decided to join them at the DQ for ice cream! Happy "real" birthday, Anna :)


When we got home, we had a package containing Carter's new Wrangler jeans to wear at his cowboy party. These things are too funny! He's going to look like a real cowboy :) Oh yeah, we also got his belt in the mail today, but they sent the wrong one :( It's really cute, but it didn't have the big belt buckle like the one I ordered. Hopefully they will send us another!


Just one other random Carter story before I go... A few nights ago, Alan sneezed and Carter said, "Bless you, Daddy!" Then he said, "No, not bless you, Daddy - All my bless-yous are gone!" I guess he's had to say that one too many times so he's all out ;)

No comments: