Sunday, May 22, 2011

Camping

I decided that before my knee surgery, we needed to go camping at least one time this year.  I had no idea how long rehab would take or when I would be able to go again.  So, we scheduled the second weekend in April and the Purkeys were able to go also.  Yay for fun camping with friends!  This is how I grew up, and I’m so glad my children will be able to do so as well.  It’s nice that we have children the same ages and that they all get along very well.  This trip was 100 times better than last summer.  The weather was PERFECT.  It was in the 70s every day and just beautiful.  Charlie is also getting to be a good age – he can occupy himself (with Andrew, usually) and I don’t have to jump up every few minutes to check on him, pick him up from falling, etc. 

IMG_5306

There was lots of riding…

IMG_5307

IMG_5309IMG_5310

I just love our camper (you can see it behind Carter)!  We have already had so many fun memories in it!

IMG_5313

We made s’mores at night – the yummiest part of camping!  The kids had fun running around with flashlights and lanterns and pretending that monsters were chasing them.  I’m sure everyone around us was really tired of us, because the kids were so loud, but they were having so much fun!

230573_2076846160260_1218164848_2540896_6957473_n223401_2076847320289_1218164848_2540900_4449871_n228214_2076846560270_1218164848_2540897_3552218_n230128_2076848840327_1218164848_2540903_932577_n

We are so ready to go back! 

No comments: