Since I haven’t updated much, I have missed updating about our baseball season. Carter has really loved playing baseball this Spring…. We are the Cubs, and since moving up to the 5/6 league, they play REAL baseball – no hitting off the tee, people can get out, etc. I thought I would really hate it (plus you have a much bigger time commitment, which I was dreading), but it has been great! Carter has improved SO MUCH this season. In Fall ball, he rarely, if ever, hit the ball when it was pitched. Now, he rarely, if ever, misses hitting the ball. We still have lots to work on, but I’m so proud with all he’s accomplished and am glad he loves playing.
Charlie loves going to the ball park and playing in the dirt with his friends. He dresses like a baseball player, cleats and all, and loves doing so. He fell asleep on the way to one game, so Gigi stayed in the car with him. He slept in his baseball clothes and when he woke up the next day, he asked if he was all ready to go to baseball and was upset when he realized he missed it. Keeping up with him at the ballpark was one of my biggest apprehensions, but I’m so glad it’s not been bad at all. Please excuse the eight thousand photos, while I try to condense an entire baseball season into one post. (They had their last regular game yesterday and the end of the year party today, but they made the playoffs – yay! More games scheduled for this week, so maybe the Cubs will be champions!)
After the first few games, Charlie started wearing baseball pants with a belt, baseball socks, cleats, etc. He thinks he’s a real baseball player and he has to wear his uniform!
The third game of the season was a great win, and Coach Jim gave out the first game ball of the season…
Guess who won the ball?!? Carter had a good defensive play – I think he helped get someone out – and had his first hit(s) of his coach pitched career!


No comments:
Post a Comment