I took the boys to the park for lunch that day. I had wanted to do something really special, but Alan couldn't take off work and I couldn't find anything going on. I think they had fun just running and playing, though!

For his birthday gift to Charlie, Carter picked out a Sesame Street book with a little play CD player in it. He loves it (notice the tongue sticking out, just like half the other pictures). 
Daddy and Mommy gave him a shopping cart with some play food in it, and a horse swing made out of tires. No pictures of that, because it didn't hang correctly - will have to get new hardware for it.
We took Charlie to his very first movie ever - Shrek Forever After. He did pretty well, but halfway through he wanted to run around. It's a good thing the theater was almost completely empty!
I took the boys to a show at the Children's Theatre (the Wee Folks Theatre) and it was really fun. We saw Goldilocks and the Three Bears (it was a modern version) and Carter kept talking about it for a few days. We would definitely go again!
The day after his birthday, we had a fun playdate at a Kindermusik class. The boys were shy at first, but ended up having a really good time.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Charlie's birthday
It is still so hard to believe that Charlie is TWO! He turned two on June 3rd and we celebrated the entire week! I'm not sure why, but 2 seems like such a milestone to me (I guess they all are milestones, when you're that young), and I wanted to do a lot of really special things.
The Monday of Charlie's birthday week was a holiday, so Alan didn't have to work. We took the boys to the mall to ride the carousel and do a few other things. Charlie first picked out a frog next to Carter's tiger, but then complained and moved to a horse in front of him.

On Charlie's birthday morning, we ate muffins. I tried putting a candle in Charlie's so we could sing to him, but he reached right for the flame. No photo op there, just running and screaming and grabbing it away from him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a great birthday WEEK Charlie had!!! We love you, sweet Charlie! :)
Post a Comment