Monday, July 26, 2010

A little update

I spent all day one day last week trying to upload photos to make a new post about Charlie's birthday party (I am sooo far behind!) and then they were erased somehow. Ugh! I promise to catch up VERY soon! Much to update about this summer. So, here is a post without pictures - just a little update about what the kids have been doing and saying.

Carter is trying to learn how to read. We ordered a Hooked on Phonics for him, but I haven't been very consistent. He's anxious to learn, though. Every time he answers a question, he sounds out the word and tells me what letter it starts with. Example: Me: Carter, do you want yellow or green? Carter: Guh, guh, guh Green! Green starts with G! He can try to read some words and is really catching on. He has a lot of sight words, and does pretty well at sounding things out on his own.

One day Carter was trying to explain something to me and said, "Do you get me, Mommy?!?" Ha!

Charlie says the ends of some words and has been for a while... He says, "kkkkk" for "Yuck." The yuckier it is, the longer he makes that sound! He also says, "sh" for fish. :) He has started saying Mommy instead of Mama, and when he really wants me to look at something or needs my attention, he stretches it out into two long words: "Mommm EEEEEE!" He says "Deedo" for Diego, "Dog" for any kind of dog, including our own Zeus (i.e. "Boooo, Dog," which means Move, dog!). When he wants to watch Scooby Doo, he brings me the remote and points to the TV and says, "Dog." He answers with Yes and No regularly, says, "Night Night," and tells us how to drive ("Doe, Mommy," which means, "Go, Mommy!"). He says a few sentences, like, "I want that," "I want down/out/eat," etc. Always when he wants something. He has the cutest laugh and gets hysterical at times, where everything is sooooo funny!

No comments: