Friday, July 30, 2010

Checklist

I HAVE to put this funny Carter story on "paper" before I forget. I know, I know - pictures will be on here soon!

Tonight, Alan was tucking Carter into bed. The conversation went something like this:

C: Ok, I'm all ready to be tucked in.
A: Carter, did you forget to do something?
C: Umm, no.
A: Are you sure?
C: Let me check my pretend check-list (holds pillow up like a pretend sheet of paper). Brush teeth - check! (makes imaginary movement with hand to read the line on his "paper" and then makes a checkmark). Go potty - check! Put on pull-up - check! Yep, I'm all ready for bed.
A: Did you forget to say your prayers?
C: OH, you're right (looks at imaginary pillow/list and points to the bottom)! The prayer word's not checked!

He proceeds to say his prayer (in which he thanks God for his camper!) and then he pulls out his pillow/list and checks that one off, too!

No comments: