Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sleeping through the night?

Charlie woke up around 4 or 5 this morning (I was so sleepy that it was all a blur). I put him in bed with me instead of feeding him, and he went back to sleep and slept until after 7! Yay! I hope we are on to something here. However, when he did wake up, the tiny bit of congestion he's had over the past couple of days had gotten much worse. He felt miserable and had all of the symptoms of a cold. I don't take Carter to the doctor for colds, but since Charlie's so young I wanted to take him in. Carter didn't get his first cold or even get a runny nose until he was almost a year old (10 months or so). Dr. Smith confirmed that this is a cold and for us to use a humidifier and watch him to see if he gets worse, but he thinks that Charlie will get better in just a couple of days. Poor Charlie! I have the same cold too, which makes it harder to take care of everyone. My usually immaculate house (haha!) is suffering because of it.



At bedtime tonight, Carter got stuck in the foot of his bed. He's done this twice before - the first time was an accident because he was trying to reach something that had fallen down. The next time I think was for attention because we laughed the first time and made such a big deal. He got in big trouble for doing it that time. He hasn't done it in a while, but as I alluded to earlier, he had a rough evening and I believe he was trying all his tricks to get attention. We definitely let him know that this is not funny - hopefully this is the last time he does it. The first, accidental time really was kind of funny - it caught me by complete surprise to walk up to his room and find him in that predicament! I wasn't able to get him out by myself so I had to wait for Alan to get home. While we were waiting, I decided to videotape the ordeal. If only I had the video camera running when he was freed, I think we could've won money on America's Funniest Videos - the first thing he said after being stuck for quite a long time was, "I wanna do it again!"



Alan has been working in the basement most of the night. He's almost finished with his office, and I think he could be much further along except that he's taken a 5 day break or so :) I don't think he's worked on it at all since sometime last week. He just came up to inform me that he ran out of mud, halfway through the last coat on the drywall. Uh-oh!


No comments: