Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's snorming!




Last night we hit another milestone - Charlie slept through the night!!! In fact, I woke up at 6:15 before he did (he woke up around 6:30, but probably because I moved him). Of course, he slept in the crook of my arm in bed with us - that might have something to do with why he slept so much better :) I don't like doing that, but his reflux was so bad and kept waking him up last night, that I could tell that was the only way I was going to get any sleep. Today he couldn't nap either and would doze off for just a few minutes before it woke him up again. I finally let him sleep on my chest. I just hope we don't make a habit of this, but sometimes you have to do what works in order to keep your sanity.

Tonight we had to go buy Daddy some office supplies, so we decided to eat at Logan's - on Monday and Tuesday nights, they have a special, 2 meals for $12.99 and $2 kids meals. You can't beat all of us eating at a semi-decent restaurant for $15! We also got dessert - they have 3 different kinds of desserts that come in these little tiny tin pails, and since they are 3 for $5, we tried all 3! My favorite was the strawberry cheesecake, much to my surprise. Carter thought it was neat to eat out of little cups like that and was excited that we got to take the tins home with us. It started raining before we left, and when we were in the parking lot it thundered. Carter screamed, "Ooooh! It's SNORMING!" Ha!




When we got home, he had to ride his bouncy ball and kept screaming, "Yahoo! I'm riding the range!" My little cowboy...



At bedtime, he started talking about Drakie Milsteadie (now the last name also has an "ie" on it!). They are so cute together - I talked to his mommy today, and she said that Drake had named his little sister's stuffed animal Carter. She invited Carter (the real one, not the stuffed animal) to come over and play with Drake on his bouncy house and sprinkler, and we invited Drake to come play on Carter's playset - hopefully we will get to do this soon. Each one of them names the other when we ask who their best friend is. I hope they are best friends for a long time! Something funny to note here - Alan said that Drake looks exactly like the best friend he had when he was Carter's age. How cute!

No comments: