I don't know where my recent pictures are, so until I find them I will just give a little text update.
Carter told me a few days ago, "Mommy? I don't ever want to be somewhere that's boring. I never, EVER want to be in a quiet office." Ha! I guess he's not going to be an accountant, then...?
Earlier this week, we had a couple of really chilly mornings, so I got out one of Carter's windbreakers. It's a Columbia that I bought end of season last year, and it's navy at the top, reflective gray at the bottom, with a bright yellow stripe in the middle. He saw it on the bed and said, "Mommy? Is Daddy a firefighter now???" He was so serious too, and I guess it does look a lot like a firefighter's jacket!
In Sunday school last week, the teachers were talking about how God made everyone, and God made children. Carter spoke up and said, "I want to have a HUNDRED children when I get old." Samantha then said, "I want to be the mommy!" Since we know they are JUST alike and will probably be best friends (if they don't kill each other first), we have decided they can't get married, because no one would want to babysit their children :) So, a hundred might be pushing it a bit!
Charlie can now say the word yellow, but it involves his entire face, mouth, and tongue. It's quite a sight and I need to capture it on video. He's starting to talk so much more and communicate a lot better. Some of his words are not real words, but they consistently mean the same thing every time, so at least I can understand him a lot more, even if other people can't.
At Moments for Moms on Friday, Charlie's teachers told me he was SO sweet the whole time, and he and sweet Anna held hands for almost the entire day and walked around with each other. How sweet!
Carter loves to "read," by trying to sound out words, and spell things. Some words are confusing though. Last Wednesday night on the way to church (the night they do children's choir), he said, "I know what choir starts with - qu, qu, qu quoir - choir starts with q!"
He also loves numbers. Once he mastered counting to 100 and beyond, he started counting by tens, then twenties, then odd numbers and even numbers. He loves to add and subtract and figure out little math problems. Maybe he will be an accountant after all?!?
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment