
No, I haven't completely given up on blogging. We've just had a crazy busy summer, which leaves little time for blogging. And, it is so hard to get caught up after getting so far behind! I'm in the middle of getting some things ready for a consignment sale, so if you saw my bedroom right now, you'd say, "Why is she blogging instead of cleaning up her bedroom?!?" I'm just going to post a few pictures from our summer adventures in order to catch up, and then start fresh from there. Sound good? Good.
Alan and I were blessed to be a part of a mission trip with our SS class. We went with these people:

Our trip was to Bay St. Louis, Mississippi - an area that was hard hit by Katrina 5 years ago, but is still struggling. Some of our friends from SS had their house destroyed by Katrina in a different part of MS, and they said that their state was largely ignored because New Orleans got so much publicity. I can't believe in this country, there are still people without houses due to this disaster. The house Alan is working on in the picture below was for an older lady who has been living in someone's garage for 5 years. She has already planned where she is going to plant her sycamore tree outside this new home.
Anyone can drive to Bay St. Louis on any given day, show up at the project headquarters (The Mission) and tell them how many people you have, what your skills are, etc and be given working orders. It's so simple to help, and I would love the opportunity to go back.
For the 4th of July, we went to Chelsea's annual Big Kaboom (lots of fun - music, free food, etc., and then a big fireworks display afterward). We had lots of fun and saw everyone in the world we knew - it's fun living in a smallish town :)

The boys spent (probably) their last summer in matching clothes... And they had different outfits for every day. I'm sad that Carter is growing up and I can't make much for him anymore :(

We bought this...

Charlie became obsessed with sunglasses and loved wearing them everywhere. He would put them on top of his head when it wasn't bright, and got mad if they fell off, like when I put him down to change his diaper or something.

We did a lot of this:

We're all sad that swimming is wrapping up for the year. We MUST become rich and build an indoor pool.

We took our previously mentioned purchase camping at the lake (Wind Creek State Park at Lake Martin). We went with the Purkeys, who have been going camping for a while. All the kids stayed filthy, scratched up, and just stinky. But it was wonderful!








We went on a really fun playdate at Cherub's Clubhouse. Not somewhere I would really get excited about going, just by looking at their website, but it was so much fun for the kids. I really liked how I felt safe - like both my children were safe, and I could see them all the time. They had 2 separate play areas but kids could go back and forth if they wanted to. I could stand outside the entire fenced area and watch both at the same time, in two different sections. At most places (jumpy places and other play areas), I feel very stressed out trying to keep up with them both.


We went to another really fun playdate at Chelsea HS... The cheerleaders and football players were all there to play with the children, and there were different game stations set up. The local coffee shop brought their traveling booth w/ shaved ice and smoothies, and kids could even try on helmets, pads, jerseys, etc (of course mine would not).

Carter was REALLY good at the hula-hoop. Who knew?!?
3 comments:
Congrats on your tenth! That's really cool :). And I'm INCREDIBLY jealous of the camper - so glad for the boys they get to grow up doing the camping thing.
Finally!!!
YAY! You're back!!! Loved the post. Y'all have had a busy, fun summer. The cruise pics are great. Camping looked like tons o' fun...we definitely need to plan a trip together! Can you imagine? All NINE of us in that thing!? HA! Love the pics of sweet Charlie in his sunglasses. Oh, and I'm sure you've got one more year of matching clothes for the boys. I can't imagine a world without Carter and Charlie wearing matching clothes! :)
Great post! Now don't take so long next time!!! :)
Post a Comment