Thursday, September 9, 2010

Carterisms

Here are a couple of cute, funny, or just memorable things Carter has said or done lately...



After talking about how he's going to have both a family party and a friends party this year, Carter told me, "But Mommy, you're invited to my friends party also. So are Daddy and Charlie. But the dogs aren't invited because they might RUIN my party."

He loves to play in the shower and stays forever. His latest is to play Duck, Duck, Goose with all the shampoo bottles. Love that kid!

A few mornings ago, Carter woke up with a hangnail type thing on his toenail. He told me, "Mommy, God doesn't always do what I want him to do." I asked what he meant, and he said that he got up in the middle of the night and prayed and asked God to take away the thing on his toenail that was hurting. Awww! I was so proud of him for thinking to pray about that. Typically, he says the same basic prayer (we taught him a model prayer - being thankful, being repentant, expressing praise, etc., and he says almost the same thing every night). I told him that next time, he could come get me if something was hurting him. I also had to explain how God is in charge, and we are supposed to try and do what he wants us to do, not the other way around. I also explained (in 4-year-old lingo) how God's way of answering his prayer was to have Mommy come cut it in the morning.

No comments: