Carter is on the bubble this year, as far as baseball goes. He can move up to the coach pictched league (5-6 year-olds) or stay in t-ball for one last year. That would be our 3rd year in t-ball, and he would be one of the oldest on the team. We're kind of ready to move on, and so is he, but I don't know if I'm ready for the commitment of "real" baseball! More practices and games, actually paying attention on the field and not having your daddy out there to help, etc. We think we might try Fall Ball, which is a short, more informal baseball session. I've heard it's a good introduction to the Spring season.
Anyway, Alan started practicing with Carter yesterday after work. He made sure his stance was correct for hitting, and started pitching to him. I wasn't home, but Alan said he hit EVERY strike that was thrown to him. He even hit one homerun - they were standing by our play area in the backyard, and it went all the way over the camper and landed in the bed of Alan's truck. I'm pretty sure that would be a homerun in 5-year-old baseball?!? :) Carter has lots of athletic ability but sometimes his attitude makes him unsuccessful. I hope he grows up loving baseball (or some other sport - except football), like his daddy. And maybe one day, he'll make his mommy lots of money...
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Go Carter Homerun Abrams!! If he's that good, we definitely need him on Evan's team! They need lots of help! :) That would be too fun if they were on the same team....we're thinking of doing Fall Ball, too. We'll have both boys in coach pitch this year - Lord Help us! :)
Post a Comment