Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter, Happy Spring, and Two Surprises

Wow, what a busy week or so it's been! I've been not posting on purpose because I had a surprise for our families, but just like laundry, the pictures and memories kept piling up! Now I am left with a huge catch-up post, but I will try to restrict the words.

I did manage to get a picture after Carter's first t-ball game last week, after we got home. Carter's mouth was so red from the Gatorade, that the next week he told the mom in charge he couldn't have red Gatorade anymore since it would stain his mouth. Ha! We didn't tell him to say that...

This past week's game, Carter hit a double and did much better in general at hitting. Alan practiced with him and told him to pretend he was sword-fighting someone - that's how he learned to hit it hard!




A few goofing off pictures that I thought were cute...









Claire's birthday party...


Our mom's group had an egg hunt at the park on Good Friday. It was so much fun and the boys had a blast. I felt a little bad because I couldn't stay with Carter and help him do a craft (he sat at the table waiting on one, I think and never got one because I didn't go help him :( ) I also didn't get to help him find eggs, but he stayed with his good friend Eli the entire time and they had so much fun together. There are two Eli's in Carter's class and it cracks me up that Carter calls them by both first and last name almost all the time :)

Eli and Carter



The Easter Bunny was very good to us this year. He even brought Charlie an allergen-free chocolate bunny!

One of Charlie's favorites - his Dora egg.


Carter's favorite - the water guns.
Dying Easter eggs:After all the hoopla with the Easter Bunny goodies, we had to hightail it to church. Alan was already there because he had to work video stuff for all 3 services (I asked him to recite the sermon when we got home - ha!). We had a really great service and I was amazed that they even had to use the overflow area for the 8:00 am service. What a great turnout! We are usually pretty crowded anyway, but only have 2 services normally and only use overflow for one of those.
For church, Charlie wore a smocked jon-jon, with bunnies on it. He also had knee socks and white/tan saddle oxford shoes.
Carter wore white pants with a button-down shirt, vest and tie. He even had matching argyle socks. :)
Nan, Cheryl, Papa and Gigi came over for Easter lunch and we had a yummy feast. Carter went home with Gigi and is spending the week with her. Now for the surprise... We visited the humane society and brought home these two cute things! They are Sully (Sullivan) and Beasley (Auburn folks should get the reference). Their card said they are lab mixes, but Lisa came over to see them and said she thinks they are golden mixes instead. It's nice having a vet for a friend, who can make house calls ;)
This is Beasley cooling off on a hot day:
And this is Sully. He kept jumping in the tub they had bathed in the day before. Ha! He got soaked and then went and played in the dirt.
Their first bath - Sully looks on as Beasley is trying to figure out what's going on and why he's all wet and soapy.There is never a dull moment around here, and that is true now more than ever!

2 comments:

KS said...

I am SO excited for you guys with Sully and Beasley!! How adorable!! I bet the boys are in HEAVEN :)

Holly :) said...

Love all of the cute pics at the top. :) The kids look adorable in their Easter outfits - great job! And it looks like the Easter bunny was super good to them this year!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sully and Beasley...and you know that's a big deal coming from a non-dog person. :) They are precious and not too wild and crazy. They are a wonderful addition to an already busy, on-the-go family! :)