Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Viva Las Vegas (Day 2)!

On Tuesday, Alan and Jonathan had to attend a few classes for their conference, so Holly and I set out exploring the town on our own. We took a cab to the MGM, where we accidentally got out on the red carpet, amongst security detail and lots of cameras - they were awaiting the arrival of some boxers for a big event. The main security man politely ushered us to another door :) How were we to know that our crazy cab driver let us out at the wrong place? Anyway, we had fun looking at the lions, visiting Rainforest Cafe for some souveneirs and wandering around.


We walked down to the Mandalay Bay (I thought my feet were going to fall off - and I actually think I wished they would, at one point). There, we met the boys for lunch (they took a cab) at the Burger Bar, which was recommended by our concierge. Very delish! After that, we parted ways so the boys could go back to more meetings. Holly and I went down to the New York, New York and looked around a bit, then went across to the 4-story M&M store. We got trapped in some fun house and had to sit through a 3-D movie about the yellow and red M&M before we could get out. Then, it was over to the Coca-Cola store and the Hard Rock store for souveneirs. We finally caught a cab back when it was almost dark, and got ready for dinner.

The Monte Carlo was the first place we stayed, 8 years ago:


Dinner was at Lavo - another concierge suggestion. Yumo should be its name - very yummy Italian food. After dinner, we went to a Cirque du Soleil show - Mystere (also recommended by our concierge). It was very good, but I was so sleepy that I dozed off a bit towards the end. This is very typical of me :)



No comments: